Tyler Robert Joseph
Smol Bean, Blurryface
Columbus, Ohio, United States
In his early childhood, Tyler Joseph was homeschooled.
After that, he went to the Worthington Christian High School in Columbus.
Then, he got a basketball scholarship from Otterbein University. However, he decided against joining college and decided to focus on his music career.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, rapper, and multi-instrumentalist
- Father – Chris Joseph (Former high school coach and school principal)
- Mother – Kelly Joseph (Maths Teacher. In 2013, she was made Olentangy Orange High School’s basketball coach)
- Siblings – Zack Joseph (Brother) (Singer), Jay Joseph (Brother), Madison Joseph (Sister)
- Others – Robert O. Joseph (Paternal Grandfather), Nancy K Joseph (Paternal Grandmother)
Tyler Joseph’s band Twenty One Pilots is co-managed by
- Chris Woltman of Element 1 Marketing
- Andrew Simon and Mark Ngui of Creative Artists Agency.
Alternative hip hop, rap rock, electropop, indie pop, rock
Vocals, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, ukulele, bass
Fueled by Ramen
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyler Joseph has dated –
- Jenna Black (2012-Present) – Tyler met Jenna Black through a guy he went high school with. Jenna was the sister-in-law of that guy. The first thing that attracted Tyler to her was ‘how unimpressed she was with him.’ He couldn’t get enough of that and he was so nervous that his voice cracked for the first pickup line. After dating for around two years, he proposed her in the city of love – Paris in July 2014. He also has a habit of calling her onstage at his performances. In March 2015, they got married in a small intimate wedding. He often credits her for his success and for bringing stability to his life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slight body frame
- Performs in a signature skeleton tracksuit
His body measurements may be –
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Twenty One Pilots’ (of which Tyler is a part of) songs have been used in commercials on JBL Flip, Extra Gum, and Facebook Messenger.
Best Known For
- Being the lead vocalist of the two-part music band, Twenty One Pilots.
- Having delivered a number of successful singles such as Ride and Stressed Out.
In 2007, he released his debut studio album No Phun Intended on his own. The album was recorded in his basement while he was in the senior year of high school.
His music band Twenty One Pilots released their debut studio album by the name of Twenty One Pilots in December 2009.
Tyler Joseph hasn’t made an appearance in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2009, Tyler was first seen on the talk show, The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien.
Tyler Joseph relies on his love of basketball to keep himself fit. Playing basketball in high school helped him build a solid foundation. And, he still plays basketball on a regular basis.Even, while touring around, he finds the time and a basketball court to indulge in his favorite game. Also, bouncing around on the stage during his live performances also serves as an intense cardio.
Even, while touring around, he finds the time and a basketball court to indulge in his favorite game. Also, bouncing around on the stage during his live performances also serves as an intense cardio.
Tyler Joseph Favorite Things
- Song to perform – Holding Onto You
- Video Games – Super Smash Brothers Melee, MarioKart 64, WCW versus NWO for 64, Donkey Kong Country, NBA Jam, Frogger
- Music Artists – Death Cab for Cutie, Sigur Ros
Source – Huffington Post, Alt Press
Tyler Joseph Facts
- Joseph met his Twenty One Pilots bandmate Josh Dun through a mutual friend, who used to work with Josh at the Guitar Center. After talking for hours about their career goals, Joseph realized he had met a guy he wanted to play music with.
- He came up with the name Twenty One Pilots for the band while reading All My Sons by Arthur Miller, a play in which the main protagonist causes the death of twenty-one pilots during World War II by sending faulty parts.
- While growing up, he excelled in basketball and used to play as a point guard for Worthington Christian High School. In 2008, his team managed to finish second in the Division IV state tournament.
- He started creating his music using an old keyboard, which was a Christmas gift from his mother. In his early days, he used to mimic radio melodies to hone his skills.
- At Twenty One Pilots concert in his hometown, he and Josh Dun got matching ‘X’ tattoo as a sign of their dedication to their hometown fans. He had got it tattooed on his right bicep, whereas Dun got it on the neck behind his right ear.
- Joseph has got a big three-part tattoo, which is dedicated to something that saved his life. However, he has refused to elaborate meaning behind it.
- He has struggled with his insecurities and used it to create a ‘Blurryface’ character, on which his fourth studio album was based. He even embarked on Blurryface tour in 2015.
- In their early struggling days, they used to tour around in a semi-truck which had a box fitted on. It was kind of illegal and they had to pull up on the side of the road to empty the bathroom tank.
- He is not a fan of fanfiction inspired by his music band.
- Listen to Tyler on Twitter and Instagram.
In our previous article Mercedes McNab Net Worth Information About we encourage you to read our article.