|Tom Kenny Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1962|
Tom Kenny is an American actor, voice actor, and comedian known for appearing in popular TV shows and films like SpongeBob SquarePants films, The Powerpuff Girls, and Rocko’s Modern Life. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, Arby’s, and Toyota.
Thomas James Kenny
Syracuse, New York, United States
Studio City, Los Angeles, California, United States
Tom Kenny went to the Bishop Grimes High School. After graduating from high school, he decided to put off college for a year so that he could do standup comedy. He eventually decided against going to college.
Actor, Comedian, Voice Actor
- Father – Paul Austin Kenny
- Mother – Theresa Bridget Kenny
- Siblings – Unknown
Tom Kenny is represented by Innovative Artists.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Kenny has dated –
- Jill Talley (1992-Present) – Tom Kenny first met actress Jill Talley in 1992 while they were working on the sketch comedy TV series, The Edge and they started dating soon after. They got married in 1995 and in 1997, she gave birth to their son, Mack. They welcomed their daughter Nora into their family in 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish American ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Due to advancing age, some gray strands are also visible in his hair.
- Wears thick-rimmed spectacles
- Blue eyes
Tom Kenny has appeared or lent his voice to the TV commercials for the following brands –
- The Home Depot
- Happy Honda Days
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- Cocoa Krispies
- Burger King
- Cocoa Pebbles
- Taco Bell
- Operation Board Game
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having voiced the popular cartoon character of SpongeBob in the SpongeBob SquarePants films, TV series, and video games
- Having lent his voice to the important characters in popular cartoon productions such as Mayor and the Narrator in The Powerpuff Girls, Spyro in Spyro the Dragon video game series, and Heffer Wolfe in Rocko’s Modern Life
In 1989, he made his theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, How I Got into College.
He made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor in the fantasy movie, Porco Rosso in 1992.
First TV Show
In 1982, Tom Kenny made his first TV show appearance on the TV show, An Evening at the Improv.
In 1993, he made his debut as a voice actor on the TV show, Rocko’s Modern Life.
His Workout Routine Information About and diet plan aren’t known.
Tom Kenny Favorite Things
- Voice Actor – Mel Blanc and June Foray
- Music Band – NRBQ
Source – AV Club, NY Times
Tom Kenny Facts
- In the early 80’s, he served as the lead vocalist of the Syracuse-based band, The Tearjerkers.
- In 1990, he auditioned for work in the comedy sketch show, Saturday Night Live.
- At the start of his career, he did a lot of comedy work on various late night shows such as Late Night with David Letterman.
- After getting married, he decided to move to Los Angeles so that he could get better-paid work gigs.
- He got his first big breakthrough after he managed to nab a voice job in the TV series, Rocko’s Modern Life.
- It was while working in Rocko’s Modern Life, he met marine biologist and animator, Stephen Hillenburg, who later decided to create SpongeBob SquarePants.
- When Hillenburg was creating SpongeBob’s character, he had Kenny’s voice in mind that he had used for a certain character in Rocko’s Modern Life and he immediately approached Kenny for the lead character.
- When he was studying in the 5th grade, he was asked to write an essay on an important figure in American history. Kenny opted to write on animator Chuck Jones, who had created cartoon characters such as Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner.
- While growing up, he loved collecting albums and drawing.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
In our previous article Yixing Zhang (Lay) Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.