- Tim Duncan Body Statistics, Height, Age, Weight Information About
- Born Name
- Nick Name
- Sun Sign
- Born Place
- Family Information About
- Shirt Number
- Girlfriend / Spouse
- Race / Ethnicity
- Hair Color
- Eye Color
- Sexual Orientation
- Distinctive Features
- Shoe Size
- Brand Endorsements
- Best Known For
- First Basketball Match
- First Film
- First TV Show
- Personal Trainer
- Tim Duncan Favorite Things
- Tim Duncan Facts
Tim Duncan Body Statistics, Height, Age, Weight Information About
Timothy Theodore Duncan
Tim, Timmy, The Big Fundamental, Merlin, Groundhog Day
Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
Duncan attended St. Croix Country Day School before he shifted to St. Dunstan’s Episcopal High School.
After graduating from high school, Timmy enrolled himself into Wake Forest University where the basketball team was coached by Dave Odom. He played all his 4 years at Wake Forest and eventually achieved a bachelor of arts and science.
Professional Basketball Player (Now retired)
Family Information About
- Father – William Duncan (Mason)
- Mother – Ione Duncan (Midwife) (Died from breast cancer when Tim was 14 years old)
- Siblings – Cheryl Duncan (Older Sister) (Former Swimmer and later Nurse), Tricia Duncan (Older Sister) (Former Professional Swimmer that competed at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul)
Duncan has been signed with Jim Tanner.
Center / Power Forward
6 ft 11 in or 211 cm
113 kg or 249 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim Duncan dated –
- Amy Sherrill (1992-2013) – In 1992, Tim began dating Amy Sherrill. The couple married on July 21, 2001. Tim and Amy spent 12 years together after marriage when they decided to split. They officially divorced on August 21, 2013. Together Timmy and his former wife have one daughter Sydney (b. June 2005) and a son Draven (b. 2007).
- Vanessa Macias (2013-Present) – Since November 2013, Tim is in a relationship with Vanessa Macias.
Race / Ethnicity
- Very calm person
- Towering height
- Often keeps a beard
Tim Duncan’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 50 in or 127 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm
Timmy has signed sponsorship deals with Adidas, At&T, and Bridgestone.
Also, Duncan has been seen in TV commercials for Sprite, NBA, H-E-B, Nike, Foot Locker, San Antonio, etc.
Best Known For
Winning 5 NBA titles with San Antonio Spurs (1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2014), being 15 times NBA All-Star and 10 times member of the All-NBA First Team.
Duncan will be remembered for his off the glass shots which were part of his signature and most used moves in the game.
First Basketball Match
Duncan had his NBA debut on October 31, 1997 when as a member of San Antonio Spurs, he faced the Denver Nuggets. The Spurs won the game with 107-96 in which Duncan contributed with 15 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 assists for a total of 35 minutes spent on the court.
- Big Body
- Post Moves
- Shooting inside of the three point line
- Team Player
- Sense for the game
- Athleticism (Speed, Agility, Explosiveness)
In 2008, he was seen in the biographical film 9 – Un chiffre, un homme as himself.
First TV Show
In 1999, Duncan showed up in the TV Show Late Night with Conan O’Brien as himself in just one episode.
Tim’s workout and diet routines are not known.
Tim Duncan Favorite Things
- Book – Jurassic Park
- Food – Steak & Shrimp
- Ice Cream – Gold medal ribbon flavor
- Color – Black
- Music – Rap & Reggae
- TV Show – Martin (1992-1997), Seinfeld (1989-1998)
- Actor – Kevin Spacey
- Board Game – Monopoly
- Holiday – Thanksgiving
- Movie – The Crow (1994)
- Basketball Player – Magic Johnson
- Superhero – Wolverine from X-Men
Source – IMDb, Slam Duncan, Slam Duncan
Tim Duncan Facts
- Duncan was the first pick in the 1997 NBA future. He was selected by the San Antonio Spurs.
- In his 19-year long NBA career, he never changed the team and played only with San Antonio Spurs.
- He is an avid fan of Chicago Bears.
- As a teenager, Duncan had a goal of becoming an Olympic swimmer. He competed in 50, 100 and 400 meters freestyle swimming and wanted to become a part of USA’s Olympic team for the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain.
- Duncan’s dream of becoming a professional swimmer collapsed when Hurricane Hugo crashed the only Olympic-sized swimming pool located in Christiansted, Saint Croix. Tim was forced to practice in the ocean, but due to his fear of sharks, he lost his passion for swimming.
- He was offered scholarship from the University of Hartford, University of Delaware and Providence College, but still decided to join Wake Forest University.
- During his time at college, Duncan wrote a chapter of the social psychology book Aversive Interpersonal Behaviors.
- He has his own foundation by the name “Tim Duncan Foundation”.
- Tim supports the Children’s Bereavement Center, the Cancer Therapy and Research Center and the Children’s Center of San Antonio.
- Duncan’s relationship with Spurs’ trainer Gregg Popovich was once described as “the greatest love story in sports”.
- He won the gold medal with USA’s national team at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.
- On July 11, 2012, Tim extended his contract with the Spurs.
- Duncan once stated that his mother was his biggest motivation to become what he is today.
- As a kid, his idol was the legendary NBA superstar and one of the greatest basketball point guards of all time Magic Johnson.
- For his accomplishments as an athlete, Timmy received the Virgin Islands Medal of Honor.
- Tim is best friends with his former teammate and basketball player Antonio Daniels.
- Duncan is a gamer. He loves playing video games especially NBA 2K in which he often plays “himself” and the San Antonio Spurs.
- Tim once stated that if he could, he would have challenged former NBA superstars Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlain to a one on one duel.
- On July 11, 2016, Tim announced that he retires from professional basketball after 19 seasons as a member of San Antonio Spurs.
- Visit Tim’s official website @ slamduncan.com.
- Duncan is not on social media.
In our previous article Henrikh Mkhitaryan Body Statistics, Height, Age, Weight Information About our article Henrikh Mkhitaryan Body Statistics information is given about.