Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shilpa Shinde studied psychology at the K.C. College, Mumbai. She failed to obtain her bachelor’s degree.
- Father – Her father was a high court judge.
- Mother – Geeta Shinde (Housewife)
- Siblings – Shubha Shinde (Older Sister), Archana Shinde (Older Sister), Ashutosh Shinde (Younger Brother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shilpa Shinde has dated –
- Romit Raj – Shilpa Shinde was previously in a relationship with actor Romit Raj. They had met on the sets of the TV show, Maayka. After dating for some time, they got engaged. However, after realizing that they were very different and their opinions differed on a lot of things, they decided to call off their marriage and end their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Marathi descent.
Shilpa Shinde has appeared in a TV commercial for Laxman Rekha.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Angoori Bhabhi in the comedy sitcom, Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai!
- Appearing in important roles in popular soap operas such as Sanjeevani (2002-2005) and Bhabhi (2002-2008).
- Having won the 11th season of the popular reality TV show, Bigg Boss.
In 2001, she made her theatrical film debut in the Telugu movie, Chhina.
First TV Show
In 2001, Shilpa Shinde made her first TV show appearance in daily soap opera, Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai.
Her Information About aren’t known.
Shilpa Shinde Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Shilpa Shinde Facts
- She got her first breakthrough in 2002 after she was cast in the negative role in soap opera, Bhabhi.
- As part of her victory in Bigg Boss 11, she was rewarded with a monetary award of INR 44 lakh.
- Her most recognized acting gig was in Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai! but she left the show after having worked for just one year citing mental torture from the producers of the show.
- Shilpa’s father wanted her to study law in college and was never in favor of her becoming an actress. In fact, he had given her one year’s time and if she had failed to become an actress in that period, she would have to go with her father’s wishes.
- When her father passed away in 2013 due to Alzheimer’s disease, she suffered from clinical depression.
- The producers of Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai! had initially cast her in the glamorous role of Anita Mishra.
- The show producers decided to cast her in the role of Angoori Bhabhi after Rashami Desai, who was already playing that role decided to drop out of the project due to personal reasons.
- She doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Shilpa Shinde / Instagram