- Born Name
- Nick Name
- Sun Sign
- Born Place
- Girlfriend / Spouse
- Race / Ethnicity
- Hair Color
- Eye Color
- Sexual Orientation
- Distinctive Features
- Shoe Size
- Brand Endorsements
- Best Known For
- First Film
- First TV Show
- Personal Trainer
- Mike Colter Favorite Things
- Mike Colter Facts
Mike Randal Colter
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Colter attended Calhoun County High School.
Post this, he opted for Benedict College where he stayed only for one year and later shifted to the University of South Carolina wherein he pursued a bachelor’s in theater in 1999.
For higher studies, Colter went to Rutgers University‘s Mason Gross School of the Arts for an MFA degree in acting.
- Father – Eddie Lee Colter Sr.
- Mother – Freddie Marion Colter
- Siblings – Mike has 4 siblings.
One of his brothers is a secret service agent.
Silver Lining Entertainment
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
93 kg or 205 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Iva Colter (2001-Present) – Iva who has worked as an Executive Director at Netflix in the Talent Acquisition department has known the actor since early 2000s. They both met each other while pursuing studies at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick. The power duo exchanged vows in the year 2016, which also became the talk of the town as it was an interracial alliance. Together, they have a daughter too.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Bulky body
- Heavy voice
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 37 in or 94 cm
Mike has been seen in an Audible.com ad.
Best Known For
Playing the role as Lemond Bishop in “The Good Wife” from 2010 to 2015, as Malcolm Ward in the “Ringer” from 2011 to 2012, and as Luke Cage in “The Defenders” and “Jessica Jones”.
Mike was seen in the 2004 sports drama film Million Dollar Baby as Big Willie Little.
First TV Show
In 2002, Mike was seen in the medical drama series ER for his role as Watts in just a single episode.
To play Luke Cage, Mike had to gain a lot of muscle weight, around 30 lbs. He started hitting the gym, sometimes even late night and ate the right food to gain muscle mass.
In general, Colter is not a gym freak. Rather, he believes in eating clean and maintaining a lean frame. He mostly avoids sugar and starchy products. Colter replaces them with high in protein edibles.
He has also spent time learning boxing tricks at Trinity Boxing Gym under the guidance of Martin Snow.
Mike Colter Favorite Things
- Food – Protein Products
- TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Sport – Basketball
- Activities – Swimming
Source – Super Hero Jacked, IMDb
Mike Colter Facts
- Mike is said to be the second cousin of Viola Davis.
- Mike was set to appear in Hot Pursuit (2015). Ultimately, he had to step down from the role due to scheduling conflicts.
- He is good friends with Assaf Cohen.
- He thought of becoming an actor after watching Denzel Washington in A Soldier’s Story (1984).
- He has a taste for 90s hip-hop music.
- He has a tattoo on his arm. Mike got that at the age of 18 when he was in Florida. He is not interested to get any more tattoos.
- He is not on social media.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0
In our previous article Urvashi Rautela Age, Height, Weight Information About we encourage you to read our article.