|Michael Zegen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1979|
Michael Zegen is an American actor best known for being cast in the shows Boardwalk Empire (2011-2014), The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Walking Dead (2012), and Rescue Me (2004-2011). Michael has also been cast in many films including Frances Ha (2012) and Brooklyn (2015).
Michael Jonathan Zegen
Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States
West Village, New York City, New York, United States
Michael studied at the Ridgewood High School. Later, he went on to study at Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York and graduated in 2001.
He also trained at the improv studio, The Groundlings.
- Father – Jeffrey H. Zegen (Lawyer)
- Mother – Rachelle Zegen (Teacher)
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers.
Michael is represented by –
- United Talent Agency
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management
- Underground Films
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Rachel Brosnahan (2017) – Michael and his co-star Rachel were rumored to be dating in 2017. The couple shared such a desired relationship in the show The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, that many believe the couple is also dating each other in real life.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ukrainian and Polish Jewish ancestry on his mother’s side.
He has a beauty spot near his left eye.
Michael has done endorsement work for several brands such as MTV.
Best Known For
- Starring in many hit shows including The Walking Dead (2012)
- Being cast in several shows such as Boardwalk Empire (2011-2014) and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Playing important roles in several films including Frances Ha in 2012 and Brooklyn in 2015
Michael made his feature film debut as Todd in the Bittersweet Place in 2005.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Dwight the troubled teen in the Late Show with David Letterman in 2002.
Michael Zegen Favorite Things
- Ice Cream – Dippin’ Dots
Source – Variety
Michael Zegen Facts
- He was born in Ridgewood but lived in Glen Rock, New Jersey until the age of 5 and then his parents relocated to Ridgewood.
- Michael’s grandparents managed to escape German Holocaust years during World War II.
- In the past, he was cited as a member of the sketch comedy group Hottie$ Galore.
- In 2006, he was chosen as the voice for MTV.
- Michael was taught about the Holocaust years at an early age and often rejoices the days of freedom till today.
- In the past, he was featured 50 times as Dwight The Troubled Teen on The Late Show With David Letterman.
- He studied alongside The Walking Dead co-star Jon Bernthal at Skidmore College.
- As a child, he went through a time of stage fright. However, he pushed through and started acting in school plays when he was just 8 years old.
- The first ever theater play he watched and was deeply inspired by was the Les Miserables‘ character Gavroche which was played by a young boy almost his age.
- Michael enjoys watching the show The Curse of Oak Island.
- He was about 3 years old when he watched his first theatrical film titled E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in 1982.
- He is a huge baseball fan and has an immense collection of baseball caps.
- Michael also has a passion for collecting theater memorabilia.
- He supports the needy by doing as much as he can. In 2017, he slept on the streets to help the kids who lived in the Covenant House.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Michael Zegen / Instagram
In our previous article Jessalyn Grace Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.