- Born Name
- Nick Name
- Sun Sign
- Born Place
- Girlfriend / Spouse
- Race / Ethnicity
- Hair Color
- Eye Color
- Sexual Orientation
- Distinctive Features
- Brand Endorsements
- First Film
- First TV Show
- Personal Trainer
- Michael Harney Favorite Things
- Michael Harney Facts
Michael John Harney
The Bronx, New York City, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Michael Harney took acting classes from legendary coaches Phil Gushee and William Esper.
- Father – His father was a performer, as well as an actor, tenor, and a dancer.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Michael Harney is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates L.A.
6 ft or 183 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Harney rarely discloses information about his personal life, while interacting with the media, which makes it difficult to ascertain anything about his love life and dating history. There have been some rumors floating around that allege that he is married. However, even such rumors aren’t clear as they don’t reveal when he got married and whether he is currently married.
The only definite information available about his personal life is that he has a son who, as per his interview with The Mary Sue, was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3. In the interview, he spoke about the measures he has taken to help his kid with his diagnosis.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Irish ancestry.
Salt and pepper
- Often has a mustache
- Green eyes
Michael Harney has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Got Milk? campaign (1997)
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Sam Healy on the Netflix drama comedy series, Orange is the New Black.
- Having made guest appearances on a number of popular TV shows such as Criminal Minds, True Detective, Suits, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Law & Order.
- Making appearances in a host of successful and popular movies such as Erin Brockovich, Ocean’s Thirteen, and The Onion Movie.
In 1993, he made his theatrical film debut as Mike in the drama flick, Italian Movie.
First TV Show
Michael Harney made his first TV show appearance in the Trust episode of the legal drama TV series, Law & Order in 1992.
His Information Abouts are unknown.
Michael Harney Favorite Things
Michael Harney Facts
- After having taken acting classes for 7 years, he got involved with The Michael Harney Acting Studio in New York City. He operated the classes for 8 years.
- He didn’t have to audition for his role on Orange is the New Black. He had worked with the show creator Jenji Kohan previously on the comedy-drama TV series, Weeds and she was impressed enough to sign him up straight away.
- While he was studying in high school, he wanted to become an athlete. He also harbored dreams of becoming a Catholic priest in his younger days.
- He fell in love with acting after taking drama classes in high school.
- He has done a lot of activism work for social causes ranging from veteran rights, LGBTQ rights, and abused children’s causes.
- While studying in college, he volunteered to do some work at the Ossining State Penitentiary. He helped a prisoner with a case and used to regularly visit him.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY SA 2.0
In our previous article Oliver Peck Information About we encourage you to read our article.