|Max Holloway Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 4, 1991|
Max Holloway started his MMA career in 2010 and has steadily improved himself to become one of the most popular UFC fighters. In August 2018, he was ranked 4th best UFC pound-for-pound fighter. He also had a great competitive record to back his standing as one of the most accomplished fighters in the Octagon. He has managed to win all but three of his first 20 bouts with 7 victories coming via knockouts.
Jerome Max Keliʻi Holloway
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
He is based in Waiʻanae, Hawaii, United States.
Max Holloway went to the Waianae High School and graduated from there in 2010.
Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Max Holloway is represented by Sucker Punch Entertainment.
69 in or 175 cm
Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Max Holloway has dated
- Kaimana Pa’aluhi – In 2012, Max got married to model and former child actress, Kaimana Pa’aluhi, in a romantic wedding ceremony. They had been dating for a long time before they got married. During the course of their marriage, she gave birth to their son as well. As per reports, they decided to separate in 2014. However, some sources claim that they ended their marriage in 2015.
- Moani Hara (2017) – In the second half of 2017, it was rumored that Holloway was in a relationship with model and Hulu dancer, Moani Hara. Their relationship was made official in December 2017 as she joined him in the Octagon after his fight against Jose Aldo. However, there has been no update about their relationship in the media after that fight.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Samoan and Native Hawaiian ancestry.
Max Holloway has used his social media posts to promote the following products –
- AllMax Nutrition
- Monster Energy
Best Known For
Being one of the finest competitors in the featherweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He has been crowned as UFC Featherweight Champion.
First MMA Match
In February 2012, he made his UFC debut as he faced Dustin Poirier at UFC 143. However, he lost the match via submission in the first round itself.
In 2018, he made his theatrical film debut in the action drama movie, Den of Thieves.
First TV Show
In July 2017, Max Holloway made his first TV show appearance in Hawaii episode of the documentary series, Huang’s World.
Max Holloway has a diverse and grueling workout regime in place to keep him at the top of his game. He regularly hits the gym to improve his conditioning and endurance. To improve his cardiovascular capacity, he often takes regular cardio exercises to the next level.
For example, he attaches a harness to his body while going for interval running on the treadmill. He also adds functional exercises to improve his natural strength. Last but not the least, the boxing and sparring sessions are an integral part of his training regime.
He usually relies on the guidance of his tactical strength and conditioning under the coach Darin Yap for his strength training. He also trains at Gracie Technics Honolulu and Legacy Muay Thai for his regular fight training.
He has also hired a nutritionist to help him recover in the best possible way before his fights. His nutritionist, Tyler, usually joins him in the last 4 weeks of his camp. It helps him focus solely on his preparation, while Tyler looks after his diet and recovery. His daily diet plan during that period is as follows –
- Pre-Training Meal – This meal usually depends on the type of his training. If he has a harder workout planned, he goes for a meal high on carbs. Otherwise, he prefers to have high protein content in the meal.
- Lunch and Dinner – He likes to have high protein source food for both the meals. So he usually prefers to have a fish or 90-percent lean steak with potatoes for his lunch or dinner.
- Post Workout – He usually relies on his special protein shakes to fuel up after an intense workout session.
Max Holloway Favorite Things
- Food – Thai Food
- Post Fight Food – Churro, Ice Cream or Baked by Melissa Cupcakes
Source – GQ
Max Holloway Facts
- He started learning kickboxing while he was still studying in high school.
- Under the guidance of Rylan Lizares and Pedro Sauer, he earned Purple belt rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- By the time, he reached the age of 19, he had managed to win all of his first 4 fights.
- He won his first Performance of the Night bonus award at UFC Fight Night 53 in October 2014 as he managed to knock out Akira Corassani in the first round of the bout.
- He got his Fight of the Night bonus award at UFC 212 as he managed to defeat lineal featherweight champion José Aldo via TKO in the third round in June 2017 in a title unification bout.
- He was slated to take on Frankie Edgar at UFC 222 in March 2018. However, he had to pull out of the match because of the leg injury.
- Just two days before he was publish to defend his UFC Featherweight Championship title against Brian Ortega at UFC 226 in July 2018, he had to pull out of the fight because of concussion-like symptoms.
- In 2017, he was recognized as Fighter of the Year by RealSport, Pundit Arena, and MMAFighting.com.
- He is very proud of his Hawaiian heritage. He brings the Hawaiian flag inside the Octagon before his fights.
- Visit his official website @ maxhollowaymma.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from Washington D.C, United States / Flickr / CC BY 2.0
In our previous article Yixing Zhang (Lay) Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.