|Luca Guadagnino Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1971|
Luca Guadagnino is a successful film director, producer, screenwriter, and an interior designer from Italy. He is known for creating films like The Protagonists, Melissa P, I Am Love, Padroni di casa, Antonia., A Bigger Splash, Call Me by Your Name, and Suspiria. He received several critical appreciations for his film Call Me by Your Name and a nomination for Academy Award for ‘Best Picture’, Nastro d’Argento for ‘Best Director’, and BAFTA Award for ‘Best Direction’.
Palermo, Sicily, Italy
Crema, Cremona, Italy
Luca Guadagnino graduated with a degree in Literature from the University of Palermo, Italy. He also studied History and Critics of Cinema at the Sapienza University of Rome and did a thesis on the American filmmaker, Jonathan Demme.
Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Interior Designer######
- Father – He was a History and Italian Literature at a Technical School in Addis Ababa.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has 2 older siblings.
Luca Guadagnino is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Luca Guadagnino has dated –
- Ferdinando Cito Filomarino (2017) – In 2017, Luca was said to be in a relationship with Italian film director, Ferdinando Cito Filomarino. Ferdinando has often worked for him as the 2nd unit director. Luca has not shared much information about their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White & Arabic)
He is of Sicilian and Algerian descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Receding hairline
- Keeps a messy beard
- Deep intense eyes
Luca Guadagnino has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- His works in films such as The Protagonists (1999), Melissa P. (2005), I Am Love (2009), Padroni di casa (2012), A Bigger Splash (2015), Call Me by Your Name (2017), and Suspiria (2018)
First TV Show
In 2007, he made his first TV show appearance as a guest in the talk show, Trailers from Hell.
Luca Guadagnino has followed the following diet plan –
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday – These 3 days are strictly focused on protein-rich diet. He starts with yogurt in the morning, prosciutto at midday, and chickpeas and prosciutto for the rest of the day and fish.
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday – His breakfast consists of brown bread with honey and some fruit. His next meal is a small portion of pasta and vegetables and some fruit, and then he eats fish.
- Sunday – He eats whatever he likes on Sunday.
Luca Guadagnino Favorite Things
- Restaurant In Italy – Reale by Niko and Cristiana Romito in Casadonna
Source – Fine Dining Lovers
Luca Guadagnino Facts
- Parts of his childhood were spent in Ethiopia.
- In 1977, his family moved back to Italy.
- He can speak in Italian, English, and French.
- He has worked on numerous projects with actress Tilda Swinton, Italian film editor Walter Fasano, and French cinematographer Yorick Le Saux.
- In 2012, he created a creative agency and production company called Frenesy.
- He has also worked with the Italian fashion house, Fendi.
- In 2010, at the 67th Venice International Film Festival, he performed duties as one of the members of the ‘Official Competition’ jury.
- He received several nominations for the film Call Me by Your Name (2017) including the Academy Award for ‘Best Picture’, Nastro d’Argento for ‘Best Director’, and BAFTA Award for Best Direction.
- His work as a writer includes Here (2012), Chronology (2010), I Am Love (2009), Melissa P. (2005), Cuoco contadino (2004), Au revoir (2001), The Protagonists (1999), and others.
- His production work includes Suspiria (2018), Call Me by Your Name (2017), Ombre dal fondo (2016), A Bigger Splash (2015), A Rose Reborn (2014), Adele’s Dream (2013), Walking Stories (2013), Bertolucci on Bertolucci (2013), The Landlords (2012), Diarchy (2010), I Am Love (2009), and Delfinasia (2007).
- He cannot swim.
- He has a fear of snakes.
- Luca does not smoke or drink or do drugs.
- He loves cooking for guests.
- He likes collecting clothes.
- Luca loves decorating and designing houses and got the commission to do the interiors of the house in Como.
- His dream project includes remaking Disney’s ‘Bambi’, making a film on Thomas Mann’s novel ‘Buddenbrooks’, and a film about terrorist Salah Abdeslam.
- His comfort food includes bread and butter, his grandma’s ‘ciambellone’ (a traditional Italian ring cake), and chicken legs.
- Three things he can’t tolerate in a restaurant are pretentious attitude, bad service, and a lack of respect for seasonal and local products.
- According to his friends, the best food he can cook is the Venetian-style liver and savoring.
- He has also performed duties as an opera director at the Teatro Filarmonico in Verona, Italy for Giuseppe Verdi’s Falstaff in December 2011.
- Luca Guadagnino does not have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by Maximilian Bühn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0
In our previous article Guillermo del Toro Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.