|Lauren Vélez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1964|
Lauren Vélez is an established American actress and producer who is well known for her roles in several hit TV shows such as Dexter (2006-2012), New York Undercover (1995-1999), Oz (1997-2003), and Ugly Betty (2009-2010). She is also noted for being cast as Lisette Linares in I Like It Like That (1994) and Roseanne Crystal in Serial (2007). She is an avid social media user.
Lauren Luna Vélez
Luna Lauren Velez
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Lauren went to Public School 42 in Queens. Later, her virtuous performance in high school earned her a scholarship to enroll into The Ailey Studios.
Later, she joined The Acting Studio in New York. She also learned Shakespeare at the Michael Howard Studio under the careful guidance of Michael Howard himself.
- Father – José Vélez (New York City Police Department officer)
- Mother – Socorro Vélez
- Siblings – Lorraine Vélez (Twin Sister) (Actress, Singer). She has 6 more siblings.
Lauren is represented by Global Artists Agency.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lauren has dated –
- Mark Gordon (1993-2015) – Lauren got married to personal trainer Mark Gordon in 1993. The couple did not have any children together and finally, in 2015, the couple legally parted ways.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Black)
She has Mexican ancestry on her father’s side and African ancestry on her mother’s side.
She has a mole near the lower right side of her nose.
Lauren has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Starring in several TV shows such as New York Undercover (1995-1999), Oz (1997-2003), Ugly Betty (2009-2010), Dexter (2006-2012), and How to Get Away with Murder (2016-2017)
- Being cast in many films like I Like It Like That (1994), City Hall (1996), I Think I Do (1997), and Serial (2007)
- Producing the drama film America Adrift in 2016
Lauren made her theatrical film debut as Lisette Linares in the comedy-drama movie I Like It Like That in 1994.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Claudine Palmeri in The Cosby Mysteries in 1995.
Lauren Vélez Favorite Things
- Killer Storyline On Dexter – Who killed Deb?
- Food – Sushi
- Place To Go On A Vacation – Puerto Rico
- Movie – The Verdict (1982)
- Award Show – Golden Globes
- Recording Artist – Nina Simone, Sam Cooke
Source – TV Guide, YouTube
Lauren Vélez Facts
- Lauren’s parents moved to Brooklyn, New York, from Puerto Rico in the early 1950s.
- She was born in Brooklyn but brought up in Far Rockaway, Queens.
- Her father worked as an officer for 13 years in the New York City Police Department. However, he passed away in 1993, after suffering from a heart attack.
- Lauren was merely 2 years old when she developed an interest in acting. She used to stage plays at home and took part in every high school production.
- Her first job as an entertainer was in the Broadway musical Dreamgirls.
- In 2010, the Hispanic Organization of Latin Actors crowned her with the prestigious Rita Moreno HOLA Award for Excellence.
- Her twin sister Lorraine often plays a double role and switches over for her on Broadway.
- In the past, she wanted to adopt a child.
- In March 1996, her pictures were featured in the Playboy (US) magazine’s Vol. 43, #3.
- After being cast in both the TV shows Oz (1997-2003) and Dexter (2006-2012), she became the 3rd actress to star in both the shows. The other two actors were Erik King and David Zayas.
- In the past, she played the role of the queen of Latin music “La Lupe”.
- Her guilty pleasure television show is Law & Order.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
In our previous article Yixing Zhang (Lay) Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.
Incoming search terms:
- Luna Lauren Velez measurements