|Kodi Smit-McPhee Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1996|
Kodi Smit-McPhee is an Australian actor best known for portraying the character of Alexander in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Boy in The Road, and playing a fictional superhero Nightcrawler in X-Men: Apocalypse. Acting since a young age, Kodi has a strong growing fanbase on social media.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kodi trained in acting at Drama with a Difference.
- Father – Andy McPhee (Actor, Wrestler)
- Mother – Sonja Smit
- Siblings – Sianoa Smit-McPhee (Older Sister) (Actress), Caden Smit-McPhee (Younger Brother)
- Others – Robert George McPhee (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Elaine Thompson (Paternal Grandmother)
Kodi is represented by MGMT Entertainment.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kodi has dated –
- Rebecca Phillipou – Kodi has been in a long-term relationship with Rebecca. The couple has made their relationship public by posting many pictures together on their social media handles.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, and Dutch ancestry.
Kodi appeared in the Sky Fibre – X-Men Apocalypse television advertisement in 2016.
Best Known For
Portraying the character of Alexander in science fiction drama Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Boy in the post-apocalyptic drama film The Road, and playing a fictional superhero Nightcrawler in 2016 superhero film X-Men: Apocalypse
Kodi made his theatrical film debut in Stranded as Teddy in 2006.
First TV Show
Kodi made his first TV show appearance on Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King as Brandon in 2006.
As per his Instagram posts, Kodi keeps himself fit by carrying out a lot of physical activities such as playing basketball and going hiking.
Kodi Smit-McPhee Favorite Things
Source – IMDb, IssueMagazine.com
Kodi Smit-McPhee Facts
- It was his father who first encouraged Kodi to act.
- When the family moved to Melbourne, his father asked him if he wanted to give acting a shot and got him to do a short film. Kodi enjoyed the experience and has been acting ever since.
- Kodi landed his first role just a month after his father had invited an agent to take a look at his and his sister’s works.
- He received his AFI Award for “Best Young Actor” along with “Best Actor” nomination in 2007 for his first film Romulus, My Father.
- When he began shooting for his 2nd film, the family moved to Los Angeles where their first year took a difficult leap at finances.
- Even as a child actor, Kodi described himself as doing “normal stuff that a normal kid would do” like away from acting, riding his bike, and hanging out with friends.
- His 2nd film also garnered him a series of nominations such as Critics’ Choice Award nomination for “Best Young Actor” and Australian Film Institute (AFI) nomination for “Best International Actor” in 2010.
- In an interview, his father revealed that as a child, he used to make short films on his computer also including his younger brother and the family would laugh their hearts out watching the two.
- Follow Kodi on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jeff Vespa / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0
In our previous article Brandi Carlile Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.