|Kevin McKidd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1973|
Kevin McKidd is a Scottish-American television and film actor, director, and occasional singer who is known for portraying Owen Hunt in the medical drama TV series Grey’s Anatomy. He has also contributed his voice to popular video games such as Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The Scottish actor began his career by playing a role in British black comedy film Trainspotting in 1996.
Elgin, Moray, Scotland
Kevin went to Seafield Primary School and then Elgin Academy in Scotland. He then started studying engineering at the University of Edinburgh. He got involved in Bedlam Theatre there and his interest towards acting grew. Eventually, he dropped out of the university to pursue acting full-time.
He is also an alumnus of the Queen Margaret University.
Actor, Director, Singer
- Father – Neil (Plumber)
- Mother – Kathleen (Secretary)
- Siblings – Unknown
He is represented by –
- George Freeman, Duncan Millership, Gaby Morgerman and Scott Henderson, Talent Agents, William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Sally Long-Innes, Talent Agent, Independent Talent Group, London, UK
- Tim Curtis, Talent Agent Voice, William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment (Talent Agent Commercial), Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Maria Candida, Publicist, Imprint PR, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin has dated –
- Jane Parker (1999-2016) – Kevin and Jane Parker got married in 1999. The couple has 2 children, son Joseph (b. 2000), and daughter Iona (b. 2002). They separated in July 2016 and finally got divorced in December 2016.
- Arielle Goldrath (2018-Present) – In March 2018, McKidd declared that he and chef Arielle Goldrath got married in the Jewish ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
Kevin is of Scottish descent.
Honey Blonde (Natural)
- Striking Blue Eyes
- Deep resonant voice
Kevin has appeared in these TV commercials –
- TD Ameritrade (2000)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for their campaign ‘ABC: Homeless Veterans’ (2017)
He hasn’t spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Owen Hunt in medical drama TV series Grey’s Anatomy.
As a Singer
He has contributed his vocals to the films Topsy-Turvy (1999) and Nicholas Nickleby (2002).
Kevin even sang in the series Grey’s Anatomy in 2 episodes in 2009 and 2011.
McKidd released The Speyside Sessions, which is a Scottish folk music album, on June 15, 2012, to support Save the Children.
Kevin made his theatrical film debut in the drama film Trainspotting in 1996.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Father Deegan in the British sitcom Father Ted in 1996.
On his typical workout day, he does these exercises –
- 25 Pull-Ups
- 50 Dead-Lifts – 135 lbs
- 50 Pushups
- 50 Box-jumps – 2 ft
- 50 Floor Wipers – 135 lbs
- 50 Clean and Press – 35 lbs
- 25 Pull-Ups
Kevin McKidd Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Kevin McKidd Facts
- In 2015, Kevin and his family acquired citizenship of U.S.
- Kevin shares his birthday with his Grey’s Anatomy co-star, Jessica Capshaw.
- He gave his voice to the character Captain John ‘Soap’ MacTavish in the video games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011).
- At 17, McKidd used to work at the Macallan distillery in Speyside.
- He has given his voice to the lead singer of the fictional Scottish hard rock band “Love Fist” in the popular game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- In 1998, McKidd received praise for playing the role of soldier/politician Lucius Vorenus in HBO/BBC series Rome.
- He has also worked with the Lumsden family of Coppersmiths, where he was a trainee to the Elgin Coppersmith Alan Lumsden.
- Visit his official website @ kevinmckiddonline.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Kevin McKidd / Instagram
In our previous article Yixing Zhang (Lay) Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.