|John Cusack Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1966|
John Cusack is a versatile actor who is mostly seen as an unconventional hero. Easy on the eyes, he is renowned for successfully portraying soft romantic characters in reel life. While in real life, he openly voices against political leaders for misusing their powers. Passionate about his career in the film industry, he has ventured into every aspect of the field swinging between the roles of an actor to that of a writer and a producer.
John Paul Cusack
Evanston, Illinois, United States
He divides his time between his residences in –
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Malibu, California, United States
John Cusack passed his high school from Evanston Township High School, Illinois in 1984. He then joined the New York University but dropped out after a year as he found the course prolonging.
Actor, Producer, Screenwriter, Author, Voice Actor
- Father – Dick Cusack (Former Actor, Documentary Filmmaker, Owner of a Film Production Company)
- Mother – Ann Paula Cusack (Former Mathematics Teacher and Political Activist)
- Siblings – Joan Cusack (Older Sister) (Actress), Ann Cusack (Older Sister) (Actress), Bill Cusack (Older Brother) (Actor), Susie Cusack (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Margaret Cusack (Grandmother), Dennis Joseph Cusack (Grandfather), Dylan John Burke (Nephew), Miles Burke (Nephew)
John Cusack is managed by –
- ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Gaby Morgerman, Agent, William Morris Agency, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Ame Van Iden, Publicist, Wolf Kasteler Van Iden & Associates, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Cusack has dated –
- Janice Dickinson – John, supposedly, had an affair with model Janice Dickinson way back in the early 1980s.
- Claire Forlani – John also had a brief fling with British actress Claire Forlani.
- Huma Abedin – John had a brief relationship with politician cum public servant Huma Abedin, who is well known as Hillary Clinton‘s top aide and right-hand woman.
- Britney Spears – John was also linked to the popular pop star, Britney Spears.
- Pamela Anderson – John was romantically linked to beauty bombshell and actress, Pamela Anderson.
- Melissa Gilbert (1983) – In 1983, John was reported to be in a relationship with actress Melissa Gilbert.
- Jami Gertz (1983) – In 1983, from July to September, John had an affair with actress Jami Gertz.
- Lili Taylor (1988) – In September 1988, John was romantically linked to his fellow actress from High Fidelity (2000) and Say Anything… (1989), Lili Taylor.
- Uma Thurman (1992) – In 1992, John was linked with another popular actress Uma Thurman.
- Susannah Melvoin (1991-1995) – From 1991 to 1995, John was in a relationship with vocalist and songwriter Susannah Melvoin.
- Gina Gershon (1992) – In 1992, John Cusack had a brief affair with actress Gina Gershon.
- Minnie Driver (1996-1997) – In the Spring of 1996, John had a passionate episode with fellow Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) British actress Minnie Driver.
- Alison Eastwood (1997) – In 1997, John was spotted with another fellow actress who he acted together in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997) Alison Eastwood.
- Neve Campbell (1998) – From September 1998 to December 2002 John dated Canadian actress Neve Campbell.
- Corina Katt Ayala (1999) – In 1999, he was rumored to be in relation with his Cradle Will Rock co-star actress Corina Katt Ayala.
- Shoshanna Lonstein (2001) – In July 2001, there was a rumor that John hooked up with fashion designer Shoshanna Lonstein.
- Meg Ryan (2002-2003) – From 2002 to 2003 John shared a brief affair with a fellow actress, who he worked with in the animated film Anastasia (1997), Meg Ryan.
- Jodi Lyn O’Keefe (2003-2009) – From 2003 to March 2009 John was in a more serious relationship with actress Jodi Lyn O’Keefe. However, they broke up as John was not ready to move on to the next stage of their relationship which was marriage.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (2003) – In March 2003, John had a brief relationship with actress Jennifer Love Hewitt.
- Gabriela Spanic (2003-2004) – In December 2003, John was smoldered by the beautiful Venezuelan actress Gabriela Spanic. They met at a friend’s party in the Dominican Republic. However, their relationship did not last long.
- Rebecca Romijn (2004) – In 2004, John was rumored to be in a relationship with actress Rebecca Romijn.
- Alexandra Kerry (2004) – Same year, in the summer of 2004, John was again linked to another talented actress Alexandra Kerry.
- Sheryl Crow (2007) – In 2007, he was linked to singer Sheryl Crow.
- Brooke Burns (2010-2011) – From February 2010 to somewhere in 2011, John had a brief relationship with actress Brooke Burns.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- High forehead
- Long face
- Carries an un-kept look
John Cusack has done endorsement work for the brands like –
- Volkswagen Eos TV
- US Cellular
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- His versatile roles in films in the 1980s like Better Off Dead (1985), Say Anything… (1989), Grosse Pointe Blank (1997), Being John Malkovich (1999), High Fidelity (2000), and The Raven (2012)
- His incredible off-screen presence as a producer as he has produced many notable films including We Are Not Animals (2013), Hot Tub Time Machine (2010), War, Inc. (2008), Grace Is Gone (2007), and Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)
- Contributing as a writer for movies like We Are Not Animals (2013), High Fidelity (2000), and Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)
In 1983, Cusack made his theatrical film debut in the comedy film Class as Roscoe Maibaum.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut in the animated musical fantasy movie Anastasia in 1997.
First TV Show
In 1989, he made his first TV show appearance as a guest on the news talk show Today.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut as the voice of Greg in the 1996 series Frasier.
John Cusack likes to include kickboxing in his workout as he is a black belt holder in Ukidokan.
John Cusack Favorite Things
- Bands – The Clash, The Ramones, The Specials
- Films – Apocalypse Now
Source – IMDb
John Cusack Facts
- He grew up in Manhattan, New York before moving to Illinois.
- His last name “Cusack” is a Norman name and is pronounced as ‘Q-zack’.
- While growing up, he and his siblings often put on plays at home.
- In 1988, he founded a Chicago-based theater group named The New Criminals, which he later reformed with 2 of his high school friends, Steve Pink and D.V. DeVincentis, as a production company named New Crime Productions.
- In 2012, Cusack became a part of the Freedom of the Press Foundation and soon became one of its board members.
- Cusack, along with Arundhati Roy, has co-authored a book named Things That Can and Cannot Be Said. It documented the conversation which took place between Cusack, Daniel Ellsberg, Arundhati Roy, and Edward Snowden, in a hotel in Moscow. The book was released in 2016.
- Premiere magazine ranked him #72 for his role in Say Anything… (1989) in their list of 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- He stated that Max (2002) and Being John Malkovich (1999) were the 2 best scripts that he had read.
- In 2007, he was chosen as the 70th star for the 100 Sexiest Movie Stars in the World list by Empire Magazine.
- In 1994, he and his high school friends made a bet that if they come up with a way to finance Grosse Pointe Blank (1997), they would attend the 10th year of their high school reunion and they did.
- He is an ardent supporter of DATA campaign (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), founded by Bono of U2.
- For the play Methusalem, he was honored with 1990 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for Director of a Play at the New Crime Productions Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- In 2010, for his performance in Hot Tub Time Machine, High Times magazine named him as the Stoner of the Year.
- On April 24, 2012, he received the Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California.
- He is a huge fan of punk rock music.
- In November 2017, Cusack joined the Democratic Socialists of America.
- In 1988, he appeared in the music video of Suicidal Tendencies’ song Trip At The Brain.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by John Cusack / Instagram
In our previous article J. T. Barrett Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.