|Joe McElderry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1991|
Joe McElderry is a well accomplished and renowned singer and songwriter who gained prominence by winning the 6th season of the ITV show The X Factor in 2009. Joe has worked with famous personalities including Marcella Detroit and Ludovico Eunialdi and is the first X Factor contestant to release 4 albums until 2018. He regularly contributes to several charities and fundraising institutions like Variety UK, The Hunger Project, and The Teenage Cancer Trust.
South Shields, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
Joe went to Harton Technology College in Lisle Road, South Shields. Then, he attended South Tyneside College for GCE Advanced level qualification. McElderry later went on to get his BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts from Newcastle College Performance Academy.
Singer, Songwriter, Model
- Father – Jim McElderry
- Mother – Eileen (née Joyce) McElderry
- Siblings – None
- Joe McElderry has been managed by Celeb Agents & David Hahn Associates.
- Joe aborted his command with Modest! Management in 2011. This was the management that has been leading him since 2009.
- Later, he signed Angie Jenkison as a manager.
- He hired London-based Touchstone Media Group /Celeb Agents as his new management in March 2013.
Pop, Operatic Pop, Country Pop
Syco Music (2009–2011), Decca Records
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
In an interview, McElderry shared that he had a girlfriend for around 3 years in school. He also disclosed that he kissed a boy before going on The X Factor.
Race / Ethnicity
After being harassed by a hacker between 2010 and 2011, Joe publically revealed that he was gay.
- Attractive physique
- Unique voice
McElderry has served as an ambassador for Teenage Cancer Trust.
Best Known For
- Winning the 6th season of the ITV reality show, The X Factor, in 2009
- His first single, The Climb, peaked both on the UK Singles Chart and the Irish Singles Chart
- Playing the character of Joseph in the musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (2015)
McElderry released his debut album, Wide Awake, in October 2010 via Syco Music. It reached the 3rd spot on the UK Albums Chart.
First TV Show
Joe made his first TV show appearance in the 6th season of the music competition series, The X Factor, in 2009.
Joe McElderry got his sculpted body by training with the former Miss Universe finalist, Caroline Dixon. As a social activist, Joe also does charity bike riding which also turns out as a nice workout. He regularly hits the gym to maintain his physique.
As for his diet, he follows a strictly balanced diet.
Joe McElderry Favorite Things
- Singer – Elton John
- Band – Coldplay
- Album – Alive by Sia
- Place To Hear Live Music – Outdoor concert in the Summer
- TV Show – Friends, Will and Grace
- Play – Romeo and Juliet
- Movie – Bridesmaids
- Comedian – Peter Kay
Source – IMDb, newsshopper.co.uk
Joe McElderry Facts
- In 2007, Joe auditioned for The X Factor but soon backed out from it because he found himself too young to participate in the series. However, in 2009, he again auditioned in Manchester, got selected, and wrapped up his journey as the winner of the 6th season of the show on December 13, 2009.
- Whitney Houston, who appeared as a guest mentor on The X Factor, was entirely impressed by his voice and talent.
- Joe McElderry’s first single, The Climb, became a major hit and was one of the contenders for the UK Christmas number one in 2009. But, it lost to Killing in the Name by the rock group, Rage Against the Machine.
- He recorded the song, There’s A Place For Us, which was offered to him by Twentieth Century Fox and was written by American singer Carrie Underwood.
- His second album, Classic, reached the 2nd position on the official UK top 40 albums chart and also went gold after 10 days of its release.
- His parents got divorced when he was a kid.
- McElderry was announced the winner of the 2nd installment of Popstar to Operastar in 2011. Later, he won the first series of The Jump in 2014, after jumping 17.5 meters off the K40 ski jump.
- He went to one of Elton John’s concert in 2013 to see him perform live but the show was canceled as Elton got sick.
- McElderry has worked as a DJ on Newcastle’s Metro Radio.
- He has performed in several charity shows.
- On September 19, 2010, he participated in the Great North Run half marathon 13.1 mile race to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust.
- Between 2010 and 2011, Joe was harassed by a Twitter user who later got arrested on December 24, 2011.
- Visit his official website @ joemcelderryofficial.com.
- Follow Joe McElderry on Twitter.
Featured Image by David Wright / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
In our previous article Yixing Zhang (Lay) Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.