|Jihae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||1988 or 1989|
Jihae is a South Korean singer-songwriter, actress, and multimedia artist best known for playing twin sisters Joon Seung & Hana Seung on National Geographic Channel miniseries, Mars. As a singer, she has released a number of albums including My Heart Is an Elephant, Afterthought, Elvis Is Still Alive, Fire Burning Rain, and Illusion of You.
Jihae was born either in 1988 or 1989.
Seoul, South Korea
New York, United States
Jihae attended Emory University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Multimedia Artist
- Father – Her father was a diplomat.
- Mother – Her mother was a trained opera singer and piano teacher.
- Siblings – She has 2 older sisters.
Jihae is represented by Dna Model Management LLC.
Indie Rock, Pop, Rock, R&B
Voice, Guitar, Bass, Piano
She has released her music via Septem.
5 ft 6 in 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
As per an interview in 2015, Jihae has been in a relationship. However, she has refrained from sharing details about her personal life.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
Keeps short hair
Jihae has done endorsement work for brands like Eileen Fisher.
Best Known For
Playing twin sisters Joon Seung & Hana Seung on National Geographic Channel miniseries, Mars
Jihae released her first album, My Heart Is an Elephant, in March 2007.
Jihae made her feature film debut as herself in the sci-fi film, 2B, in 2009.
First TV Show
Jihae made her first TV show appearance in Special Look in 2016.
As per an interview in 2015, Jihae stays fit by doing yoga and meditation in the morning on a regular basis. She has revealed that earlier, she used to go for a run along the water but now she prefers to run on a treadmill where she is alone.
Jihae Favorite Things
- Inspirations – Leonard Cohen, Marina Abramović, Gloria Steinem
- Composer – Elliot Goldenthal
- Books – Memories, Dreams, Reflections by Carl Jung
- Place – Wellington, New Zealand
Source – Variety, Instagram
- Jihae used to sing in the church when she was only 3 and later became a part of many choirs.
- She grew up in a musical background where both her mother and grandmother were trained opera singers.
- It was her mother who discovered her ability to sing and encouraged her to pursue it.
- She has lived in several different places when she was young including Seoul, Nigeria, Sweden, and New York City.
- She initially wanted to be a diplomat like her father but later, her interests inclined towards music.
- In 2010, she collaborated with Academy Award-winning playwright /director, John Patrick Shanley, and co-created the rock opera, Fire Burning Rain.
- In an interview in 2015, she revealed that she prefers to write her songs between 11 pm and 4 am.
- She is a self-taught musician and the first instrument she learned to play was a piano.
- Visit her official website @ jihae.com.
- Follow Jihae on Instagram and YouTube.
Featured Image by Jihae / Instagram
In our previous article Guillermo del Toro Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.