|Emika Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1986|
Emika, the English musician, is slowly earning her long due fame after having grafted for a couple of years. To polish her skills, she took up jobs in companies working on electronic music and her experience shines through her music. Another thing that stands apart in her music is her training in classical music which lends a unique harmony to her work that is usually missing in electronic music.
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
Emika went to the Bath Spa University. She studied Creative Music Technology and graduated with a Music Technology degree.
Music Producer, Composer, Musician
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Emika is managed by Ray Verma.
She is represented by –
- Christopher Brosch of Melt! Booking
- Cindy Looper of Quest Agency
- Lucy Palmer, the founder of TRIX PR
Dubstep, Trip-Hop, Experimental, Electronica, Techno, Synth-Pop
Emika Records, Ninja Tune, Ostgut Ton, Tectonic, Aus
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emika has preferred to keep her private life away from the spotlight, which makes it difficult to ascertain anything about her dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Czech ancestry on her mother’s side.
Emika hasn’t endorsed any brand yet. However, her music has been used in adverts by companies such as Gucci.
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with established artists such as Nick Hoppner, Paul Frick (Brandt Brauer Frick), Amon Tobin, and Marcel Dettmann
- The popularity of her cover of Chris Isaak’s Wicked Game which managed to reach the top of iTunes charts in Canada and was ranked 2nd in the United States
In 2011, she released her debut studio album, Emika. The album was well received by the critics with leading publications such as Mojo and Q giving the album a 4-star rating.
- Her cover of Chris Isaak’s Wicked Game was used in an episode of the thriller TV series, The Blacklist.
- She had dreamed of becoming a classical music composer like Beethoven. However, she struggled to read music and couldn’t write music as well because her ideas were too abstract to work as a score.
- She first decided that she wanted to create music after she had just heard David Bowie’s China Girl at the age of 12.
- She used iPhones to create the music video of her song, Flashbacks, as she had an option to pay a production company thousands of dollars or take her friends on an adventure trip to Iceland and make a video together.
- While growing up, Emika received formal training in classical piano and music composition.
- Emika first started composing music while she was still studying in school by using an old sequencer program which she had discovered on a computer locked in a cupboard.
- She worked as a waitress to save enough money to buy a copy of Logic Studio and her first Apple Mac.
- After graduating from the university, she secured an internship at London based label, Ninja Tune‘s offices. However, she worked there just for a month.
- She decided to leave Bristol because of her health problems as she had a couple of operations and was struggling to recover. Plus, she was known as an ‘ill girl’, which made it difficult for her to stay in the city and recover properly.
- After she upgraded her bank account, she was offered a free flight to anywhere in Europe by her bank. She decided to use the offer and took a flight to Berlin. Eventually, she decided to stay in Berlin.
- After her move, Emika got the job of a sound designer with a German technology company, Native Instruments. She would later claim that her work with Native Instruments played a key role in her artistic development.
- In 2011, the Brazilian electronic musician, Amon Tobin, brought in Emika to support him during the American leg of his ISAM Tour.
- Her music has been used in the trailer of Tom Cruise‘s action movie, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
- Emika’s music was also used at the London Olympics in 2012.
- She has got an opportunity to record music with City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, which traces its roots back to an orchestra established just after the 2nd world war.
- In 2014, she established her own record label called Emika Records which she has intended to use solely for her own music.
- The Weeknd sampled her single, Professional Living, for his track, Profession, which was released in his highly successful debut album, Kiss Land.
- Visit her official website @ emika-official.bandcamp.com.
- Follow Emika on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Emika / Instagram
In our previous article Yixing Zhang (Lay) Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.