- Born Name
- Nick Name
- Sun Sign
- Born Place
- Girlfriend / Spouse
- Race / Ethnicity
- Hair Color
- Eye Color
- Sexual Orientation
- Distinctive Features
- Shoe Size
- Brand Endorsements
- Best Known For
- First Album
- First Film
- First TV Show
- Personal Trainer
- E-40 Favorite Things
- E-40 Facts
Earl Trill Stevens
E-40, Charlie Hustle, E-Feezy, Mr. Flamboyant
Vallejo, California, United States
He lives in a lavish white mansion in Danville, Northern California, U.S.
E-40 went to the Dr. James J. Hogan Senior High School in his hometown and graduated in 1985.
He later got enrolled at the Grambling State University in Louisiana.
However, he dropped out of the college to pursue his rap career.
- Father – Earl Stevens Sr.
- Mother – His mother divorced his father while he was studying in Grad school.
- Siblings – Mugzi (Younger Brother) (Rapper), D-Shot (Brother) (Rapper and member of the rap group, The Click), Suga-T (Sister) (Rapper, Producer, Songwriter, Actress and member of the rap group, The Click)
- Others – B-Legit (Cousin) (Rapper and member of The Click), Charles Thurman (Uncle) (Rapper)
E-40 is represented by Echo Hattix of Echoing Soundz.
Heavy on the Grind, Sick Wid It, EMI.
He was previously signed with Jive Records, BME Recordings, and Warner Bros Records.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
110 kg or 242.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
E-40 has dated –
- Tracy – E-40 started going out with his wife Tracy while they were studying in high school. After dating for about 6 years, they got married in June 1991 in a lavish wedding ceremony. E-40 and Tracy are parents to 2 boys. The older one is a rapper by the name of Droop-E. His younger brother has also followed his father and brother and has adopted “Issue” as his performance moniker. He is also a record producer.
Race / Ethnicity
He is African American.
- Loves wearing thick gold chains
- Chubby face
- Wears spectacles
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 44 in or 112 cm
E-40 has done endorsement work for Beats by Dre. He appeared in their TV advert along with Draymond Green. Also, a section of his soundtrack “Tell Me When to Go” was used in the commercial.
He also serves as a spokesperson for Landy Cognac.
He has not spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most prolific rappers with more than 25 studio albums to his name.
- The popularity of his single “Tell Me When to Go“, which was certified as Gold by the RIAA.
In November 1993, E-40 released his debut studio album Federal to mild success.
In February 1999, he made his film debut in the role of a judge in the comedy flick, The Breaks.
First TV Show
In 2001, E-40 made his first TV show appearance in Always and Forever episode of comedy series, The Jamie Foxx Show.
E-40’s Information About aren’t available.
E-40 Favorite Things
- Essential Songs – Mr. Flamboyant (1990), Carlos Rossi (1992), Bring the Yellow Tape (1993), Practice Lookin’ Hard (1993), Captain Save A Hoe (1994), Sideways (1995), Da Bumble (1995), Sprinkle Me (1995), Dusted ‘N’ Disgusted (1995), 1 Luv (1995) and others
- NBA Team – Golden State Warriors
Source – Complex, The Fader
- While studying at the Grambling State University, he took part in a talent competition that convinced him to pursue his rap career.
- Even before he was signed up by a major record label, he had built his small empire in the Bay Area by selling his mixtapes independently.
- By the time he got enrolled at the Grambling State University, he was looking to get out of his neighborhood (notoriously known as Hillside and infamous for crime) as he was worried he might end up in jail or kill someone.
- While in high school, he used to play drums in school marching band. His cousin B-Legit (Brandt Jones) was also in the band.
- While in college, he and B-Legit formed a group called The Intellectual Drifters and prepared a song for spring talent show. The song was a tribute to Grambling State’s positive impact on lives of young black students.
- The song helped him win the competition and made him and Brandt famous in campus as they were often stopped for autographs, prompting them to move back to Vallejo and rope his brother (D-Shot) and sister (Suga T) to form the rap group, originally known as MVP (later renamed as The Click).
- In their early days, The Click members and their family used to sidestep music distributors completely by enlisting the help of liquor stores and barber shops to sell their records in exchange for a commission.
- E-40 and his The Click group members formed their own record label Sick Wid It to sell their music and even enlisted his uncle Charles Thurman to create a logo for the label, which featured a grinning hog feasting on money filled in the trough.
- He signed his first record label deal with Jive Records. The negotiations meeting ran for 8 hours. Then CEO of Jive, Barry Weiss, claims he had never faced such tough and savvy negotiation in his professional career.
- In the past, he opened Fatburger franchise in Pleasant Hill, California in partnership with former NFL player Chester McGlockton. The franchise was later shut down.
- In association with Warner Books, he has published E-40’s Book of Slang, in which he has explained and defined common hip hop slangs and other jargon often used in the rap industry.
- In Downtown San Jose, he had once opened his nightclub by the name of Ambassador’s Lounge. It has been closed since.
- In November 2007, he had inked franchise agreement with Wingstop Restaurants, Inc. and was going to open a new restaurant in Southampton shopping center in Benicia, California.
- In 2007, he launched his new line of energy drinks under the label of 40 Water.
- He has dabbled in the wine industry as well and has three wine ranges including a Moscato, a red blend known as Function, and high-alcohol fortified wine by the name of Mangoscato.
- In December 2014, he announced the release of his exclusive pre mixed cocktail beverage known as Sluricane Hurricane. The name of the cocktail was inspired by his group’s 1995 hit single Hurricane.
- In December 2015, he released his range of beer under the label of E-40. The beer is available in cans as well as glass bottles.
- Hear more from him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image via Gamerscore Blog / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
In our previous article Amanda Tapping Information About we encourage you to read our article.