|Andie MacDowell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1958|
Andie MacDowell is a renowned American model and actress who has worked with various fashion brands like Calvin Klein Jeans, L’oreal Paris, The Gap, Yves Saint Laurent, Vassarette, and Armani. She started her career as a model in 1978 after being hired by Elite Model Management and became the face of Vogue in the early 1980s. MacDowell gained theatrical prominence with her role as Miss Jane Porter in the 1984 film, Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes. She has since appeared in a number of movies like Sex, Lies, and Videotape (1989), Groundhog Day (1993), Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994), Footloose (2011), and Love After Love (2017).
Rosalie Anderson MacDowell
Gaffney, South Carolina, U.S.
Andie divides her time between Marina del Rey, California, U.S. and Huson, Montana, U.S.
Andie went to Gaffney High School from where she graduated in 1976. Then, she enrolled at Winthrop University.
Actress, Model, Producer, Voice Actress
- Father – Marion St. Pierre MacDowell (Lumber Executive)
- Mother – Pauline (née Oswald) Johnston (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – Beverly MacDowell (Sister), Julia MacDowell Fleming (Sister), Babs Rogers Richard (Sister)
- Others – John William MacDowell /McDowell (Paternal Grandfather), Rainsford Fairbanks DuBose (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Calder /Caulder /Coulder Oswald (Maternal Grandfather), Evelyn Viola Johnston (Maternal Grandmother), Frances MacDowell (Stepmother), Andie has a stepbrother and a stepsister.
- Andie MacDowell is managed by MGMT Entertainment.
- In 1978, she was signed by Elite Model Management in New York City.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andie MacDowell had dated –
- Paul Qualley (1986-1999) – Andie and former model Paul Qualley met during their modeling assignments with The Gap. Eventually, the couple tied the knot in 1986 and Andie gave birth to 3 children during their relationship, a son named Justin (b. 1986) and 2 daughters – Rainey Qualley (b. 1990) and actress Sarah Margaret Qualley (b. 1995). After around 13 years of their marriage, the duo parted ways in 1999.
- Harvey Keitel – After working together in the film, Shadrach, in 1998, Andie and Harvey got into a short-lived romantic relationship.
- Dennis Quaid (2001) – Andie had a short-term relationship with actor Dennis Quaid in 2001. They both have worked together in movies like Dinner with Friends (2001) and Footloose (2011).
- Bruce Hulse – Andie had a fling with a former American model, Bruce Hulse.
- Rhett DeCamp Hartzog (2001-2004) – MacDowell and her childhood friend Rhett DeCamp Hartzog, an Atlanta based jewelry businessman, announced their engagement in July 2001. They both were classmates in Gaffney High School who met again in 1999 through Andie’s sister. On November 10, 2001, they got married. However, only after almost 3 years of marriage, Andie filed for a divorce and the couple got divorced on October 5, 2004.
- Kevin Geagan – After splitting from her second husband in 2004, Andie got engaged to a North Carolina based businessman, Kevin Geagan, in January 2006. Both met through a mutual friend from Asheville, North Carolina but the couple soon parted ways.
Race / Ethnicity
MacDowell has English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and French heritage.
- Curly locks
- Broad smile
- Southern accent
Andie has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Calvin Klein Jeans in 1983
- L’Oreal Paris Revita Lift Eye makeup in 2003
- L’Oreal Paris’ RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Creme in 2004, 2008-2009.
- L’Oreal Paris’ “Visible Lift” smooth Absolute Foundation in 2011.
Andie has done print adverts for –
- Calvin Klein Jeans (1982-83)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Revitalizing Excellence Creme hair color (1998)
- America’s Diary Procesors “Got Milk?” Milk Mustache Campaign (2002-2003)
- L’oreal Paris RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Creme (2003-2006)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Line Eraser Pure Retinol Concentrate skin treatment (2000)
- The Gap (1986)
- The cotton knits by The Gap (1986)
- L’Oreal Excellence Creme Protective Color (2002-2011)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Volume Perfect essential collagen complex Lipcolour (2004)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Vive Hi-Light Boosting Shampoo & Conditioner system (2005)
- L’Oreal Paris’ RevitaLift Intense Lift Treatment Mask (2005)
- L’Oreal Paris’ RevitaLift UV moisturizing cream and sunscreen (2007-2009)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Advanced RevitaLift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair 24 HR Eye Repair Duo (2009)
- Revlon’s Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (2009)
- PSA for Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (2010)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Visible Lift Smooth Absolute Foundation (2011-2013, 2015)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Triple Protection Excellence Creme hair color (2012, 2016)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Serum Absolute by Visible Lift age-reversing makeup (2015, 2017)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Excellence creme hair color
Andie MacDowell has served as a brand ambassador for L’Oreal and also as a spokesmodel for their hair and skin care products.
Best Known For
- Her role in the 1993 comedy, Groundhog Day, by director Harold Ramis and in the 1994 rom-com, Four Weddings and a Funeral, in which she starred alongside Hugh Grant
- Modeling for some renowned brands including Yves Saint Laurent, Vassarette, Armani, Bill Blass, and L’Oreal
- Playing Ann Bishop Mullany in the 1989 film, Sex, Lies, and Videotape. She won an Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead for her critically acclaimed performance in the movie.
Andie MacDowell made her theatrical film debut as Miss Jane Porter in the adventure film, Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes, in 1984.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut by voicing the character of Etta the Hen in the animated comedy movie, Barnyard, in 2006.
First TV Show
Andie made her first TV show appearance in the talk show, Late Night with David Letterman, in 1984.
Andie has managed to stay fit and radiant by practicing yoga on a daily basis, which she initially started doing to help her during her pregnancy. She loves to work out and got serious about health and fitness after her mother’s death, who died from an heart-attack caused by chronic alcoholism.
She follows a green diet and loves eating fruits and organically grown vegetables and also drinks lots of water. The diva has also revealed that she doesn’t consume processed and packaged food. Other usually consumed items by Andie include yogurt, cucumber, herbs and spices, brown rice, and hot pickled peppers with mango or lime flavor. She also consumes lime juice with grated dried coconut and fresh ginger and likes dark chocolate.
Andie MacDowell Favorite Things
- Food – UliMana Truffles
Source – Shape
Andie MacDowell Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was 6.
- Her mother was an alcoholic who died at the age of 53 due to the excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Macdowell learned method acting at Actors Studio and also worked with the famous coach, Harold Guskin.
- While studying in university, she used to financially support herself by working in McDonald’s and Pizza Hut.
- In her debut film, Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes, Andie’s voice was dubbed by Glenn Close due to her heavy southern accent.
- For the 1988 film, The Accused, she was offered the part of Sarah Tobias. However, she declined the offer and the role was then played by Jodie Foster.
- In November 2003, the Four Weddings and a Funeral star appeared as a guest speaker at a press conference for the inaugural night of Asheville Film Festival.
- In the year 2000, she filed a lawsuit against Walmart for using her pictures in their stores without her consent.
- In 1991, she was selected by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- She has said in an interview that she has read Bhagwad Gita and the work of Rumi.
- Follow Andie MacDowell on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Manfred Werner / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0
In our previous article Yixing Zhang (Lay) Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.