|Aleksandar Mitrovic Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1994|
Aleksandar Mitrović has long been considered as one of the finest attacking prospects. At the age of 18, he was included by UEFA reporters in the list featuring the top 10 talents under the age of 19 in Europe. He further cemented his reputation with strong performances at the 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship. So when he moved to Newcastle United, big things were expected of him. But the combination of injuries and poor discipline saw his playing time severely curtailed. It also didn’t help his case that Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez preferred mobile and hard pressing forward. So, he eventually agreed to move to Fulham, where he has finally showed off his immense talent.
Smederevo, FR Yugoslavia (Presently in Serbia)
Aleksandar Mitrovic started his soccer journey at the youth setup of Serbian club, Partizan Belgrade.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Ivica Mitrovic
- Mother – Natasha Mitrovic
- Siblings – Milan Mitrovic (Brother)
Aleksandar Mitrovic is represented by Nenad Jestrovic.
45 – FK Partizan Belgrade, RSC Anderlecht, Newcastle United
32, 9 – Fulham FC
9 – Serbia National Team
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aleksandar Mitrovic has dated –
- Kristina – Aleksandar is in a relationship with Kristina. They had been dating for a long time. In 2016, she gave birth to their son, Luka. He has often claimed in his interviews that becoming a father has helped him with his game as he has calmed down.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Serbian ancestry.
Huge physical presence
Aleksandar Mitrovic has a personal endorsement deal with Nike. He is required to wear Nike footwear for his professional matches.
Best Known For
- His physical and confrontational playing style, which has occasionally seen him pick red cards. But it has also helped him adapt to the English playing style easily.
- His great performances for Fulham in the second half of their 2017-2018 season, which helped them secure promotion to the English Premier League.
First Soccer Match
He made his professional soccer debut in the 2011-12 season with Teleoptik, which plays in the second tier of Serbian soccer. He was loaned to the club by Partizan Belgrade.
In August 2015, he made his first appearance for Newcastle United in a match against Southampton FC. He replaced Papiss Cisse for the last 15 minutes in a 2-2 draw. He earned a yellow card just 22 seconds after his entry.
In February 2018, he made his debut for Fulham in a 2-0 victory over Nottingham Forest. He nearly missed out on scoring on his debut as his header was cleared off the line.
In July 2013, Mitrovic made his first international appearance for Serbian national team in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Belgium. The Serbian coach Marko Šćepović had to substitute him in the 69th minute after he earned a booking for stepping on Axel Witsel‘s foot.
- Aerial duels
- Ability to shield the ball
- Ability to play with back towards the goal
- Poor Discipline
Aleksandar Mitrovic regularly works out in the gym as he believes that only his strength can help him succeed as a striker. After the team training and lunch, he often hits the gym. Even on the off days, he wakes up early in the morning and visits club training facilities for his gym workout.
Aleksandar Mitrovic Favorite Things
- Role Model – Alan Shearer
Source – Wikipedia
Aleksandar Mitrovic Facts
- While growing up, he was a difficult child and often got into the trouble. His father told him that he would either become a criminal or a kickboxer.
- In June 2012, he signed his first professional contract with his childhood club, Partizan Belgrade. He had agreed on a 4 year deal with the club.
- In November 2012, he scored a goal in his first ever Eternal derby match in which Partizan faced Red Star Belgrade. However, he couldn’t prevent a 3-2 defeat in the match.
- At the end of 2012-2013 season, he was selected in Jelen SuperLiga’s Team of the Season. He was also placed in the third spot in Mozzart Sport’s list featuring 25 best players in the national league.
- In August 2013, he was signed by Anderlecht as the Belgian club paid a transfer fee of €5 million to Partizan. It was the highest transfer fee paid by the club for any player.
- In December 2013, he had to turn goalkeeper in his side’s Champions League group stage match against Olympiakos as the regular goalkeeper Silvio Proto was sent off. But, he couldn’t stop Alejandro Domínguez’s penalty.
- He finished his debut season with Anderlecht with 16 goals in the league. His club also managed to win their 33rd league title.
- In November 2014, he helped Anderlecht’s comeback against Arsenal in a UEFA Champions League match. His side was losing the match by 3-0 but he managed to score the goal in the 90th minute to bring scoreline to 3-3.
- In July 2015, he was signed by Newcastle United on a 5-year deal. They paid Anderlecht a reported transfer fee of £13 million.
- In the last match of the 2015-16 season against Tottenham Hotspur, he scored a goal and recorded an assist. He was also sent off for a shin-high challenge on Kyle Walker. Thus, he became the 6th player in Premier League’s history to have been sent off, scored a goal, and assisted a goal in a single match.
- In August 2017, he was handed a three-match ban after he was seen on the cameras elbowing West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini in the head.
- On the deadline day of winter transfer window in 2018, his proposed temporary move to Bordeaux and then former club Anderlecht had collapsed.
- Eventually, he decided to join Fulham after having talked to their manager Slaviša Jokanović, who also has a legendary status back in Serbia.
- In March and April 2018, he was recognized as EFL Championship Player of the Month.
- Despite having made only 17 appearances, he finished as the second highest goalscorer for Fulham with 12 goals at the end of the 2017-2018 season. The top scorer was Ryan Sessegnon, who had scored 15 goals in 46 appearances.
- In July 2018, he joined Fulham on a permanent deal with the London club agreeing to an initial fee of £22 million, potentially rising to £27 million, with Newcastle United. Mitrovic signed a 5 year deal with the new club and was given number 9 jersey.
- He was an integral member of the Serbian team that won 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship. It was his side’s first ever win in the competition and he was named the Golden Player of the tournament.
- Follow him on Instagram and Facebook.
Featured Image by Ultraslansi / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0
In our previous article Yixing Zhang (Lay) Height, Weight, Age, Information About we encourage you to read our article.